Br. Monday is pretty shaken up after barely escaping the bandit attack last week, so the abbas decided that he needed a retreat. Until he gets back, here’s a list of his adventures so far:
In Br. Monday’s absence, we learned how a modern monk met the poet Czeslaw Milosz.
2. Br. Monday is Back and the Abbas aren’t Happy about It
Wherein Abba Moses becomes Br. Monday’s favorite by convincing the other abbas to leave him alone.
3. How to Make a Monk Laugh Part 1
Wherein Abba Pambo and Abba Giles have a disagreement.
4. 1500 Years Practice at Getting Along
It has to be a miracle that there haven’t been more Name of the Rose-style homicides in monasteries…
5. How to Make a Monk Laugh Part 2
Br. Monday still doesn’t get the joke, and I’m not sure I do either.
6. What Can the Desert Tell Us about the Researcher/Educator Debate?
Why not both?
7. The Last Thing Br. Monday Wants to Do
Let’s just say he wouldn’t mind taking the “labora” out of “ora et labora.”
Br. Monday still doesn’t get why he was the only one who ran.
No responses yet